hors d'oeuvres mini Bacon lettuce and tomato tarts

Still working on the craft service course. This week I started with working through the content and setting up the sections in Blackboard. This section is on “substantials’ and Word flags it as a typo – I managed to catch an actual typo of the word before linking the pdf in the course. I also managed, however, to get a typo into the file name while making sure the naming convention matched the others. 

Food videos of chopping, decorating, and presenting dishes can be quite mesmerizing.  Margaret shared a couple for knife skills that led to some more about creating cool garnishes.

Non-sequitur, I had a band-aid I on the tip of my index finger that made typing (and cutting and pasting) a little awkward.
I set up time to work with an instructor on some upcoming asynchronous courses. We met a few times this week  for short meetings. Shell be fine but man, the courses could be prettied up. 

Food - Flickr AlbumI used a photo from my flickr Food album for one of the exercises last week. I didn’t give myself an attribution. Click the photo of hamburger buns to see the album – not sure why it took that picture and not the cover.  Back in the before time when we could go out and be around other people, I used to make the mini blts (from this album) as party food (pastry, bacon jam, tomato and arugula).

My photos  are all cc by if they are of any use to you.

I found myself getting very anxious on Tuesday afternoon. I started second guessing every thing I was doing , whether it was ‘right’ or not, and got stressed out over little things. I was also checking email regularly to see if I can book a vaccine. I think that contributed. I also realized that I haven’t really taken any time off in a while. Normally there would have been a vacation this year. 

We cranked out the rest of the module on Wednesday.  I wanted to make a matching question around knife skills for a quiz and learned that the text editor for matching questions does not have an option to add images so I adjusted them to T/F.   Today (Thursday) I’ve been getting the next module as ready as I can for now.  Margaret and I are bouncing ideas for exercises around and hopefully will have a little more time for creativity and execution next week. There is not a lot of content but there are some important topics like packaging and recycling. These bring budgetary and environmental concerns into consideration. 

I’m registered for the Cascadia Open Education Summit next week. Hoping we can firm up what’s left for the next module so that I can enjoy some of it.