Humpback whale backRe-entry, or, diving back in… I took  this picture last summer while we were out fishing with one of our tourism instructors (Harley Elias).

I have been off for most of the summer so there was a lot to get caught up on.

I’d been reading emails over the summer but I gave all the CTLI content a closer look this week.  There were also a couple of updates from Senior Leadership. There is a lot going on – at NIC, in Post-Secondary and in the Province.

I worked on my upcoming workshops, focusing on the Accessibility Checker first since that’s going to be my first session. So far, only one person but that’s okay. I created some documents to run through the checker so we can see the errors and warnings and fix them.  My attendee had the wrong link and luckily I checked with her by email so she could get to the session. It was a nice re-entry to have a conversational session and by the end I had a couple of more examples to add to my practice document as I thought of them on the way through.  We could get into a little bit more advanced content with only two of us, and I was able to share some resources like: Creating Accessible Tables in Word.

I’ve been writing scripts and sourcing information for all the workshops. I’ve got some good examples to share for the Open ETC.  I still need to update some stats for the Open Educational Resources session but there’s time.

I attended a PressBooks session from BCcampus as that’s something I want to work on. It managed to be both basic, and a lot. I learned a couple of things but I think re-watching parts when I’m actually trying to create might be more useful. I also checked out the H5P kitchen (again). I’d like to spend some time on that too.

I watched a few D2L videos and there were some new features in BlueJeans to get familiar with. I caught up with Margaret and sent a ‘hello’ email to the new CTLI team members. I’m looking forward to seeing some colleagues and friends next week at the welcome back lunch. It feels like it’s been a really long time since I’ve talked to anyone at work.

I think I’m caught up (famous last words) and will refine all the workshops and tighten up the Open Ed resources next week.