Bald eagle on a church spireThis week was a little ‘all over the place’  a bit of  this and a bit of that. We’re at mid-September now so regular routines should re-emerge for a while.  The eagle is here to oversee that.  Next week will have more direction. I spied him on a church spire in Alaska.

I did a session on the Open ETC and that was fun. We talked about the possibilities as well of some of the potential problems associated with using WordPress and Mattermost. I like to see the wheels turning as participants imagine trying new things, or, re-imagine something they’re doing now.

I was able to help Margaret test a connection before her story circle, although, I managed to add a little trouble to the trouble shooting by not noticing that my mic was muted on my headset switch. 🙂

I also helped an instructor figure out what was causing her problems with Learn. It was the wrong browser and I haven’t seen that in a while because I thought college machines defaulted to Chrome now. Anyway, an easy fix.

Friday was my last Education Council meeting. I really value my time with that group – 4 years. It was so great to learn more about the inner workings of the College and to hear from colleagues (and students) from various areas and get their perspectives.  We could all bring something to the table and the meetings were always respectful. Student members would comment on how they had no idea how much care went into programs, courses, and policies.  Time for me to step aside and let someone else take a seat.

Next week – we plan – and figure out what I’m going to work on next. I’m looking forward to digging in to the D2L training. I’ve signed up for a FLO Friday: Accessible Course Design: Separating Content from Delivery. It sounds really good but doesn’t happen until the end of October.