champagne in a crystal flute with a christmas tree in the backgroundCheers! Last year the  holidays were strange. No one could come for dinner and I couldn’t do much of anything. This was my view from the couch, me and my zimmer splint. Still, could have been worse right? This year isn’t going as planned either but everyone is healthy and safe and we can be together.

I didn’t post last week partly because I ran out of time and because I knew this would be a short week so I thought I would combine them.

Last week we ran our last 2 Brightspace workshops of the year.  I finished part three of the Brightspace certificate training and spent the rest of my time planning out pages for our Teach Anywhere WordPress pages. We have had some conversations about delivering training in different ways for the next round.

The two days I had this week were devoted to creating the help pages for Brightspace. I decided to focus on getting the step by step instructions parts done and worrying about images later. Even though so many tutorials exist already, they are never really ‘exactly’ what matches, so while I got to borrow heavily, I had to read through and check that the instructions actually work for our instance. I’m still having trouble with the teach anywhere site taking my images. They show up blurry and my videos are stretched. Something to figure out in the new year – and I WILL figure it out. I can be tenacious (my husband has other words for it…).

Jen and I did  a run through of our pages and that was great for clarification and catching little things. I should be about to land in Puerto Vallarta right now but the recent travel restrictions don’t work for the family so, here I am.  It was the right call. We have a lot to be thankful for and will just shift gears and adjust to being colder than we had planned.

I thought about trying to recap the year but, I think I’d rather just look to the future and put this one behind me. There will be a lot to do getting faculty up to speed on Brightspace  – I don’t think we’re going back to full on f2f any time soon – and I am going to start the POSE program in a couple of weeks.

Next one in the New Year.