Joey the cat looking unimpressed.

This is Joey. He lives at the Views, a long term care facility, and is a good friend to my mother-in-law. Something about his posture seemed fitting today.

I took most of the week as sick days but allowed myself 4.5 hours to work to ease back in. I expect to work next week and I also have  Studio 20 going on. Since I volunteered to host a radio show on Wednesday morning I got a free pass for the event. Even better – my co-host/DJ buddy is Tracy Roberts. I imagine we’ll have a little fun with that. Studio20  looks awesome and it’s suggested that I have some coloured markers and paper ready so I am in! The them of engaging learners online and the promise of active participation are also compelling.

What I did manage for work this week was to catch up on what’s been happening while I’ve been down, provide a little feedback on a draft and read through some cover letters and resumes for the Teaching and Learning Specialist position.

Margaret has been sending me daily photos of Wilbur to help with my recovery. He’s very therapeutic.

I see my surgeon next Tuesday that will be just over two weeks in to my eight week (expected) recovery so we’ll see what he has to say. I hope I can be a little more mobile and get some physio started up.