pink rose in the sunlight shot from the back Looking forward to some good news, some sunshine, some day.

It started out as  one of those weeks but it got better. Between lock down fatigue, the daily sick and dead count on the news, not being as healed as I hoped I would be by now and (sure, why not) a full moon, I was dealing with a little frustration.

I did, however, make some progress on the open/access report. I’ve got an email ready to go and some questions to ask people. I will set up meetings/interviews for next week. I’ve also started thinking about next steps and what we can do now and into the future. It will be interesting to see what comes up in the report. I think the trickiest part will be organizing the information that comes in since the categories are broad and open to interpretation. I’ve set definitions for the scope of the project but I know I’ll hear some perspectives that I haven’t included. I’m going to put a chart or something together as categories emerge and attempt to visually represent some of the information. Should be fun.

I signed up for a change management course this week. A bit of a re-direct to kick the aforementioned frustration – aka – find something within your control. I haven’t finished but there are a lot of familiar  principles and concepts so far.

Next week I’ll be organizing and hopefully having some meetings around open/access. I have a meeting with a friend/colleague from Camosun to talk about what they do. I’m curious whether others have done this kind of report/assessment. I think there is also an opportunity for us to collaborate on something so we’ll see if we can come up some ideas.