a yellow crocus and a brown leaf

March you say? Doesn’t feel much like spring yet. Dark, grey, and raining. I did see a crocus recently so there’s hope.

To start off this post, here is a question: 

How  did I spend most of my work hours this week?

1. writing multiple choice questions 
        2. watching videos about habits and  procrastination
        3. converting a scanned PDF into a quiz in BB Learn
        4. All of the above. 

The correct answer is d. all of the above. I spent most of my time this week in the world of quizzes. I wrote multiple choice questions, and incorrect answer feedback, for two different course modules. It was a good exercise – it’s not that easy to write good ones but after a bit of practice you can see patterns in the content.

One of the modules dealt with procrastination and it amused me that I was watching videos about procrastinating as part of my job.  🙂 There was some interesting content about procrastination being a habit, and how habits form about 40% of what we do daily. Procrastination is also a form of stress relief. You’re welcome. 

I also got the foodsafe quiz converted into an online format in Blackboard. With some restrictions we have permission for students to take it online so that’s good. 

Outside of quizzes I did a little reading – no actual writing yet – for the open/access report. I get an email here and there from people that I interviewed who want to share a little more information. I need to get into the Open text adoptions and contact the people using them at NIC. It’s open education week and I haven’t really engaged with any content. I signed up for the BCcampus book club for spring – the book is Small Teaching Online. 

It doesn’t sound like I did much this week and then I remember that my week is only half a week so .. I kept busy.

Next week it sounds like I’ll be working on some interactive elements for the motion picture courses and that sounds like fun.