Or maybe they don't? Might as well share.

Week Ending May 7th

livingston Daisies in bright pink and orangeThese flowers are Livingston Daisies. I love their bright colours. They open up in the sun and close when it goes away.

We powered through a lot of content this week to get the last couple of module of Craft done as well as a ‘DIY’ module for Respectful Workplace. I wasn’t sure it was going to happen but all that seems to be left to do is adding a little context for RW and setting up a quiz in Craft that I can take care of on Tuesday when I’m back at work. Hopefully there aren’t any glaring errors or omissions.

I was especially surprised that we were able to pull two craft full modules together in such a short time. I guess it helps that one was very short. Margaret was able to get ahead and ship content to me. She also came up with some great video resources and an exercise.  That gave me some time to go and search some images and clean up a messy PowerPoint presentation.

I spent some time helping an instructor with an upcoming course. We set up her grade center and will meet again to work on discussions. I have been stingy with my time and only allowing a half an hour.

I listened in on the Build 2026 session with Lisa. It’s quite exciting to see the approach and the engagement. 31 people showed up. I was doing other things but was able to pay enough attention to feel good about what’s happening.

I also met with a couple of instructors who are interested in Open resources – the sourcing and creating, and possible collaboration with other institutions. I’m going to look into some details on that next week. This is timely because now that we’re (mostly) done with the Motion Picture courses I’ll be moving back to all things Open.

1. Margaret Hearnden

Love the daisies. And would like to hear more about Lisa’s sessions. Forgot to ask you about that. Have a great weekend!