Or maybe they don't? Might as well share.

Week Ending May 14, 2021

Leaf in a chain link fence

This was my very first 365 photo. I was inspired by Alan Levine to start sharing and photos were something I could do. I’ve always been interested in the DS 106 daily create but never committed to it. I started the 365 photo project  partly for sharing and partly for getting back into a daily creative habit.  I started in September that year because I saw the sun shining through this leaf and wanted to take its picture.  I took a break in 2019 for burnout but started back up again because I really enjoy looking through my old 365 albums. I chose this one for personal reasons this week.  It’s light, and the passage of time to me.

I had quite a long weekend – 5 days off in a row. Tuesday I was able to get the last quiz finished for the craft course. I set up times to meet with Margaret and an instructor and then started looking at OER at other institutions. I also started exploring Pressbooks through the BCcampus website.  I know that Alan did a session about H5P and pressbooks so I’ll be looking around at what he’s shared to see what I can learn.

It was nice to have a little time to clean up some email, catch up on some newsletters and read a few posts from the book club that I have been more of a lurker than a participant in.

I know Alan has a lot of WordPress help available too so I’ll see what I can find and maybe finally get this site cleaned up.

Wednesday morning was meetings. Margaret and I are hatching plans to build a resource that comes from our respective areas.  We find a lot of cross over in our content.  I met with an instructor about her upcoming English course. She’s doing great – I let her do the hands on while sharing her screen and her confidence is improving.  She has cleaned up and set up her grade center to function with her assignments. I’ve given her homework for next week when we move on to asynchronous discussions.

For the first part of the afternoon I explored press books. BCcampus has an installation where we can get an account and start using it. I didn’t have the brain power to come up with a 12 character password so I left that for Thursday. Margaret and I are going to use press books to build something. It will be better for me to learn by doing.  I got my first vaccine in the afternoon and took the last hour of the day off.

Thursday morning I was able to keep busy with some repetitive tasks which was perfect for the day. We have some family things going on so I was able to at least get something done and be focused without having to feel pressured or creative.  And now, last Tuesday feels like a long time ago. A family member is dying and we wait, and we try to keep her as comfortable as possible.

1. mags

Beautiful post. A good reminder of the passage of time and on focusing on what is truly important in life.