etug buttons by Dennis Yip

etug buttons from etug 2014 taken by Dennis Yip

This week I attended the etug spring 2021 conference.  I didn’t realize just how much I have missed gathering with this group. I’m editing to add there were some very emotional moments.  The news out of Kamloops about the Kamloops residential school was a big part of day 3.

I have a lot of notes and links to explore. It’s too much to process for this post but the themes resonated and intersected. It gave me a lot to think about as Margaret and I have noticed that our areas intersect a lot and I have some ideas for our collaborative project.

When I am back from vacation next week I intend to explore some of the tools I learned about – like untextbook from rethink learning design   that was shared by Irwin, Michelle, Michael P, Tannis and Tom Woodward. Paul Hibbits as always had some cool things to share about docsify and I learned a little about hyperdocs.

I’m just going to throw some links in here for me to remember:

Digital Citizen
Camosun faculty stories – shared by Emily

Four Directions Teaching From our fabulous keynote Dr. Jennifer Wemigwans

Learning activities -TRU

Not the reflective post it could be but I am still processing. It was a well spent three days of learning and I am so appreciative of the generous people who form this community. When I am back I plan to get stuck into pressbooks and now have some more inspiration to explore H5P having seen some in action.