Tail of an iguana showing from under a car

Heading back to the office like… 🙂

Easing back in to being in the office this week and starting a new Monday to Wednesday work week routine.  I moved my desk so that the space feels a little more comfortable for me.  I have one more box to unpack and a little rearranging on the walls to do. Getting used to the noise again is an adjustment.  That’s also part of just being around people after so long.

I worked more on my Brightspace certificate course and got through a couple of quizzes. Even though they’ve given us a sandbox to work in, the things they assign for ‘workflow’ are not always the things I want to do.  I need to take some time to apply what I’m learning to my NIC sandbox course but that will probably make more sense when I’ve completed this first part of the certificate.  There will be a break before the next part starts. We also have a sandbox course for the upcoming instructor training sessions and I am keeping that in mind as we map out the sessions.

Speaking of the training sessions, I met with Jen again and we’ve started planning the flow and scripting our parts. I think we’re both working on different sessions but that doesn’t matter. We’ll bring our pieces together next week.

I attended another FLC on Access and the Reach Everyone, Teach Everyone book.  More good conversation and some steps toward something concrete in the spirit of ‘plus one’.  There is an appetite for learning, as well as sharing  and bringing other onboard. This, and the act of preparing a communication about International Open Access Week got me excited about advocacy again.

I’ve begun booking time in my calendar to focus on specific things I’m working on. Some things tend to get dropped down the list as others are prioritized. Most of the to-do items right now are ‘thinking’ things so I need focused time with each of them and hope that a calendar reminder will help with that.