sleeping dog with George on his name tagNot going to lie, I feel a little bit like George right now. Tired. Maybe it’s the weather 🙂

The focus was mostly Brightspace again this week. I finished the first part of the certificate course.  It was called “Learning Environment Developing Course Materials” . I have mixed thoughts on the training. Maybe  my expectations were too high but I thought the sandbox I ended up with would be more … course like?  I definitely learned some things though and jotted down a few notes when something stood out as useful to pass on.

You have to get 100% on every quiz to get the certificate but you can take them multiple tries. Some of the questions weren’t very well written but I got through all the quizzes.  The next one on Building Assessments and Grading Learners doesn’t start until Nov. 1. I could use the hands on experience now as I’m planning sessions on the subject.

Jen and I have met a couple of times for session planning. I’ve got some cleaned up Google docs that we are working on for outlines and scripts.

Next week I need to get into my course sandbox and start doing some hands on practice so I know what I’m talking about.  Between the course and the session planning there has been a lot of back and forth as I learn new things.  What I mean is, I learn something in the course and make a note for the sessions, and then, I work on the session notes and have to go back to the course… Next week I will finish up my parts for the sessions and get together with Jen to finalize or something close.